Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Quick! Quick! Quick!

Accomplishments

  1. Got my Türkiye Bankası card today.
  2. Halfway through the first afternoon break, I returned to find my classroom resounding with dance music (Rihanna? Maaaaaybeee?) and just-- you know-- did a half a dance move. That's all it takes to have a room of twenty-six eighteen-year-olds get up on their feet and start clapping to the rhythm. I ran away after a few measures of The Running Man.
  3. As it was the "friends and family" unit, I taught the youth of Turkey about "frenemies", too. And they got it. And they loved it.
  4. I wreaked havoc on a pomegranate. And karma demanded I get squirted in the right eye with acidic juice on the penultimate bite.

So, Claire doesn't like chocolate (which has been universally befuddling), and I realized tonight that she has the same relationship with fruit as many of us do with chocolate. 'Cause halfway through her pomegranate she said, "I'm eating my feelings right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment