Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Children's Day, A Beautiful Day

Yesterday was a celebration of children as well as of the establishment of Turkey's Grand National Assembly (1920, yes?).

I took two walks: one in the morning, and one in the evening, just after coming home from city center to talk with Erich.

I've been feeling a bit inadequate in most areas of my life (being a sister, daughter, partner, pen pal, and friend), but it's helped to see his face and discuss-- among other things, including a frightfully intelligent new smart phone-- his parents' upcoming visit, too.

It's eight short weeks before I come home for the summer, and part of me feels like I can't get back to Walla Walla soon enough while the other part of me wants to suck the marrow of this remaining time-- especially with Claire and Stephanie. We have a Trabzon trip planned that we're really looking forward to when classes are over.

My last walk took place at about sunset. I hope you find me looking healthy and happy.



1 comment:

  1. I find myself in a similar spot: soaking up the sweet, soft Walla Walla spring as long as I can, but excited to take flight (literally). I leave for summer travels on Jun 10th, and will only return briefly to Walla Walla in late July or early August to move my stuff to Duvall, WA for the next year! I'll miss your homecoming, but maybe see you when I stop in Walla Walla later this summer.

    The thermometer hasn't dropped below 70 degrees in the daytime for a week, and it feels like summer already. When you get here you may be able to fry an egg on the sidewalk. They say that climate change might make Washington the next California :)

    ReplyDelete