Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Five Days

My phone is dying. Turns out it only has to survive for five more days.

My flight was moved up from 8/28 to 8/27, so I'll probably spend the
additional evening in Istanbul before heading to Bolu on a great big bus.

It appears that there's a hotel right at the central bus station, so I may
just stay there and see if my anti-jet lag diet has worked.

I have been thinking that I do not feel very courageous or adventurous
right now, that I should very much like to have the rest of the season
for preserving or just eating the fruit fresh. Just a little more time.

But then again, I remind myself that courage is not fearlessness. I think
it's rather smart [in an evolutionary way] to have a healthy measure of
fear-- the world is not without its dangers. But I am able to look at my
fear, pay attention to it, and perhaps find that I don't need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment