Thursday, August 30, 2012

Made it to Bolu--


Don't get your hopes up! This is only where I'm temporarily living until I find more permanent housing. My contact at the university, Abdullah Coskun (this is not exactly how it's spelled/pronounced-- I just don't have a key on my keypad for the right "s" in his name), is helping me to find accommodations. He has been incredibly hospitable and generous with his time.

It was with real relief (from travel exhaustion, hunger [Mom, I lived yesterday on the remaining ginger cookies Dad gave me Monday], anxiety about buying bottles of water) that I got here and shared a meal with my host. Delicious.

These, by the way, are from the university's guesthouse-- so whatever my living situation (apartment, room rental, dormitory) may be, this is a good place for guests for 35TL/night (at least that's the rate for me).

I am still not completely settled into the sleeping rhythms-- it's 3:26am here-- but I like all that I have seen so far of Bolu. Especially the ritual of taking tea after every meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment