Sunday, March 3, 2013

They Told Me Thanksgiving Would Be Hard...

... and it was. But February was much harder. I anticipate that (because I haven't solved my Skype issue-- internet connectivity too slow at my apartment, now) March may be, too.

There are a lot of things for which to be grateful in Bolu right now.
  • My students
  • The occasional sunshine
  • The textbook I'm using
  • The moon rise over the mountains



There are more. But it's late, and all that I really want to think about are:
  • Ruby, Nora, and the rest of my family and friends
  • My soccer team in Walla Walla
  • Homemade preserves from Gleaner harvests
  • My big book shelf
  • What Erich's going to do with the rest of that facial hair
  • My cats
  • A lot of important birthdays that I'm going to miss
  • A slice of Brooklyn Bridge pizza from Pagliacci
  • A Dick's Drive-In cheeseburger and fries
  • Taste of India
  • Fish tacos from The Green
  • My public library
  • Looking at Lake Union from Gasworks Park

I miss you guys so much. I got two more letters in the mail today: one from Lynnwood, and one from Anchorage. Thank you so much for those. You are in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment