Sunday, March 24, 2013

Things that are humbling...

I spent most of Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday either in bed or on the bathroom floor. It's an incredible thing when your body resists you.

I was reminded this morning of how humbling it is when, after setting my visitors up to watch my favorite David Blaine video, I found myself again on the bathroom floor, a thin sheen of sweat covering me completely and leaving an imprint of my body on the tiles.

Then, just now, I was reduced by my internet connectivity to simply watching my beautiful mother's face and listening to her type messages to me. Skype doesn't work here anymore, and Google Hangout is a poor excuse for an interaction. I hear only about 40% of what happens in Hangout. So tonight, I had to satisfy myself with hearing my mother's staccato typing and watching her sunlit face smile as she considered what to write me. Mostly a message of love.

Is it sunny in Seattle? It snowed again this weekend just in time for my visitors.

Even Mother Nature is bent on reminding me just how small I am, how small my will and determination are against things like bacteria or body processes or internet connections or lack thereof or the weather.

Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment