Saturday, September 8, 2012

Behind Otel Niza Park

I have been hesitant to write about most of my experiences in Ankara thus far for a number of reasons:
1) my camera [card?] has been misbehaving, and I am loathe to write without pictures (I lost all of the pictures of the tomb of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk);
2) I am both excited to get to know my Fulbright colleagues and quite anxious about social things like mealtime, when all sixty-seven of us crowd into the same room and try not to remind ourselves too much of high school freshmen in the cafeteria;
3) I don't think writing about the two former reasons will be very interesting at all.


I did teach some folk how to play Texas Hold 'Em, and since gambling for money is inappropriate, we decided to gamble our fingers away. I had 34 fingers (of five players) at one point.

No comments:

Post a Comment