Sunday, September 23, 2012

Things Bright and Beautiful

After my run around the track this afternoon, I took a cold shower. I will not go so far as to say that this was a pleasant experience, but it was revitalizing. Now I plan to head out and read on the campus green so I can dry my hair in the sun.

But for the last half hour I have been considering the word revitalizing. So many things in my life, so many relationships, so many ideas that had been patiently waiting (waiting, I think, for Erich and I to move west of the Cascades), are bearing different fruit now that I am living so far away from all that is normal to me.

I am seeing the faces of my family members nearly every day; I don't know why we didn't practice this before. One of my best friends is a new mother, and she sends me pictures of her beautiful daughter; these pictures are all the more precious to me because I have never met this incredible being in person.

This is an extraordinary time.

No comments:

Post a Comment